Blogger Wordpress Gadgets

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Sofa


It all began on this sofa



Just because it's Valentines Day, don't be looking for a sappy love story, you're not going to get one. It's not that kind of love story. Although I will admit, lots of great endings may have started on a sofa.  This particular sofa has now been made famous. Right now... it's the most famous pieces of furniture in NBA history. I'm guessing that is quite a feat if you consider all the sofas of all the NBA stars and the goings on for each and every one of them (mind slipped a bit to the gutter here I'll admit).


This is the sofa where the Knicks phenomenon, Jeremy Lin slept the night before his breakout game. Lin had been sleeping on his brothers sofa but there was a partayyy that night and Jeremy found himself homeless, and without a sofa to sleep on. He shacked up with his teammate, Landry Fields and crashed on his sofa. I wonder what he was dreaming that night, before all the Lin-sanity as they call it here in NY. Did this sofa bring him a wondrous nights sleep that allowed him to perform so well? And a performance it was, twenty five points, five rebounds and seven assists. It's all just seems to have come together and fit just right. 


Jeremy, at a mere 6-foot-3 (the average height of an NBA player is about 6-foot-7) was able to fit comfortably on this sofa. He stated that it was "decent" but not huge. It fit the bill, and he thanked Landry for hosting him and said "I just might move in". 


Everybody loves when the underdog gets his day and Jeremy, after a fitful nights sleep got that chance.  The Nicks are on a 5 game winning streak with the assistance of this underdog. Players love his attitude and he is no ball hog. He plays as a part of , and understands that there is no "I" in team. Humble and thankful for the day to finally come when he can show what he can do if given the chance. Here he is being interviewed after the 38 point game against the LA Lakers. He mentions his team first and foremost and more than once when all the limelight is pointed directly on him.

This is why his teammates love him, NY loves him, and all the NBA fans love him. There is your love story! You can't miss the smile on his face in this interview. It is priceless and defines exactly what he is feeling. I for one, am smiling with him. 


And all that brings me to this morning. I fell asleep on my sofa last night, slept pretty well as a matter of fact. I got up and thought of Jeremy Lin and this sofa. Then I went back at the search today, just knowing that great things happen to those that wait and when it comes, how thankful I will be of the team that helped me succeed.


Jo Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment