Blogger Wordpress Gadgets

Thursday, June 14, 2012

ribbon or P.I.G.S. ?

ribbon or P.I.G.S. ?

Dreams come in all sizes and this one is only 400 square feet. I dream about this little spot everyday. I have had my eye on it and hope I get it! Just in the negotiations and getting the owner to love me. I want to open a new boutique all based on the number 3. I will be selling 3 things. Great dresses, beautifully designed accessories, and the perfect shoes to make one well pulled together, smart look that makes a girl feel like a  trillion dollars, (with inflation, a million dollars just isn't enough any more). Steve Jobs said that if you dream about it and  can't get it out of your head, DO IT. It's a risk I know, but one I am willing to take.


I would like 3 designers each season, promote them and the shop. I'm looking for ready to wear that is designed as art, not just another standard piece of clothing. I also want 3 jewelry designers that are perfect for these looks, with a little bit of edge. Then as the base to this, 3 great pairs of shoes that keeps it simple yet the perfect platform that sets this look on a pedestal. 


I am debating between 2 names but first let me tell you the location. East Village, NY NY.
9th street between Ave A and 1st Ave, the heart of my favorite area in the city. The first name I'm thinking of is "ribbon", soft and simplistic and yes I did look this up in the Urban Dictionary, that definition might offend some, but did not offend me, I get it. Here is the logo I'm thinking for this name.
ribbon


The second name is P.I.G.S. (Pretty Important Girl Stuff). I have one of my paintings that I would like to use as the face of the branding for the boutique. This painting has always brought a smile to my face and has always been one of my favorites so why shouldn't I put it to work for me? I would put a great frame on it and hang it on the back wall. That is one happy pig.


P.I.G.S.
I best be deciding... as I was writing this, they have approved my terms for the location! Please, If you read this, give me your vote!

Jo Ann


No comments:

Post a Comment